Turing’s mission is to unlock human potential by training a diverse, inclusive student body to succeed in high-fulfillment technical careers.
Turing’s mentorship program is rooted in this mission with a focus on creating connections within the technology industry, building competencies for industry leadership, and providing continued career growth and development opportunities for our greater community.
This resource guide aims to support the Turing mentor community through:
- More focused support and connection for struggling students
- Greater consistency across entire mentor program through trainings, support, and communication
- Reinforce and enhance classroom instruction and learning goals set by instructors
This FAQ site provides guidance for the Mentor Program at Turing by building a mutually beneficial program that supports the growth of our students as well as the growth of our mentors.
The Turing mentorship program aims to support students as they progress through Turing by helping them develop these mindsets:
- Agency: Taking initiative and ownership over your learning and work
- Empathy: Understanding and sharing others' emotions in order to relate to them
- Engagement: Active participation in community
- Grit: A combination of perseverance and passion
- Growth: A belief that your abilities can be developed through dedication, hard work, and resiliency